Sandia National Laboratories is a multi-program engineering and science laboratory operated by Sandia Corporation, a Lockheed Martin Company, for the US Department of Energy’s National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). Sandia is a Government Owned Contractor Operated (GOCO) facility. Through science and technology, people, infrastructure, and partnerships, Sandia’s mission is to meet national needs in six areas: Nuclear Weapons; Nonproliferation; Homeland Security and Defense; Energy, Climate and Infrastructure Securit; Defense Systems and Assessments; Science, Technology, and Engineering.
Distributed Energy Technologies Laboratory (DETL):
The Distributed Energy Technologies Laboratory (DETL) conducts research with industry and academic partners to integrate emerging energy technologies into new and existing electricity infrastructures.
- J. Johnson, J. Neely, J. Delhotal, M. Lave, “Photovoltaic Frequency-Watt Curve Design for Frequency Regulation and Fast Contingency Reserves”, IEEE Journal of Photovoltaics, vol. 6, no. 6, pp. 1611-1618, November 2016. DOI:10.1109/JPHOTOV.2016.2598275
- S. Gonzalez, J. Johnson, M. Reno, T. Zgonena, “Small Commercial Inverter Laboratory Evaluations of UL 1741 SA Grid-Support Function Response Times”, IEEE PVSC, Portland, OR (US), 5-10 June, 2016.
- J. Neely, J. Johnson, J. Delhotal, S. Gonzalez, M. Lave, “Evaluation of PV Frequency-Watt Function for Fast Frequency Reserves”, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference (APEC), Long Beach, CA (US), 20-24 March, 2016.
- R.J. Cavagnaro, J. Neely, F.X. Fay, J. Lopez Mendia, J.A. Rea, “Evaluation of Electromechanical Systems Dynamically Emulating a Candidate Hydrokinetic Turbine”, in IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy, vol. 7, no. 1, pp. 390-399, January 2016.
- J. Neely, L. Rashkin, M. Cook, D. Wilson, F. White, “Evaluation of Power Flow Control for an All-Electric Warship Power System with Pulsed Load Applications”, IEEE Applied Power Electronics Conference and Exposition (APEC), Long Beach, CA (US), 20-24 March, 2016.
- B. Pierre, R. Elliott, D. Schoenwald, J. Neely,R. Byrne, D. Trudnowski, J. Colwell, “Supervisory System for a Wide Area Damping Controller Using PDCI Modulation and Real-Time PMU Feedback”, in the proceedings of the Power and Energy Society General Meeting (PESGM), Boston, MA, (US), 17-21 July, 2016.
- R. Byrne, D. Trudnowski, J. Neely, D. Schoenwald, D. Wilson, L. Rashkin, “Small Signal Stability Analysis and Distributed Control with Communications Uncertainty”, International Symposium on Power Electronics, Electrical Drives, Automation and Motion (SPEEDAM), Capri (IT), 22-24 June, 2016.
- M. Ropp, J. Neely, S. Gonzalez, D. Schultz, “Effect of Grid Support Functions and VRT/FRT Capability on Autonomous Anti-Islanding Schemes in Photovoltaic Converters”, 43rd IEEE Photovoltaics Specialists Conference (PVSC), Portland, OR (US), 5-10 June, 2016.
- R. Byrne, R. Concepcion, J, Neely, F. Wilches-Bernal, R.T. Elliott, O. Lavrova, J.E. Quiroz, “Small Signal Stability of the Western North American Power Grid with High Penetrations of Renewable Generation”, 43rd IEEE Photovoltaics Specialists Conference (PVSC), Portland, OR (US),5-10 June, 2016.