14th International Conference on the European Energy Market (EEM 2017) will take place in Dresden on 6-9 June, 2017, with more than 200 presentations in more than 50 scientific sessions.
The conference offers:
- Dynamic scientific program with sessions focusing on markets as well as technical aspects
- Interesting high-level keynote talks are given by Rainer Baake (State Secretary at the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy), Ralph Bahke (CEO Ontras), Prof. Dr. Marc-Oliver Bettzüge (University cologne and EWI), Dr. Dirk Biermann (Chief Officer Markets and System Operations, 50 Hertz), Prof. Derek Bunn (London Business School), Prof. Dr. Wolf Fichtner (KIT), Dr. Ursula Heinrichs (Forschungszentrum Jülich), Dr. Kathrin Kadner (DREWAG Stadtwerke Dresden), Dr. Yvonne Kerth (Gleiss Lutz), Prof. Reinhard Haas (TU Wien), Timo Schulz (European Energy Exchange), Jan Steinkohl (European Commission DG Energy), Prof. Ramteen Sioshansi (Ohio State University) and Dr. Birgit Wetzel (DREWAG Stadtwerke Dresden).
In addition, exclusive events complement the conference:
- Welcome reception and barbecue with the opportunity to test drive electric vehicles.
- Conference gala dinner: The EEM Gala Dinner will take place in the „Gläserne Manufaktur“ at 8th June. This unique exhibition space owned by Volkswagen currently serves as a showcase for electromobility with plans to convert the facility to accommodate the future production of premium class and electric vehicles.
- Technical tours to the lignite power plant Lippendorf and the innovative power plant Reick.
- Wind power forecast competition: The results and methods used in the wind power forecast competition will be presented at the EEM 2017.
- WomEN 2017 – Female participants are invited to attend WomEN17, an exclusive event aimed at those engaged in the energy field within academic, research and industry circles.
- EU Horizon 2020 – fast track to your proposal: the Project Idea Lab (PIL) will help you create a powerful project consortium and jointly develop a competitive EU project proposal.
- ITEM game competition: The ITEM-Game Special Session will bring together participants of the EEM 2017 to compete in a game-setting in simulating liberalised electricity markets and the challenges faced by market agents in their long-term investment decisions and in their short-term trading strategies.
- Excursion – boat trip on river Elbe and historic cable car: As a further highlight of your stay in Dresden at the EEM 2017, the EEM 2017 Organising Committee invites you to take part in an excursion including a boat trip on river Elbe and a ride on a historical cable car.