ISGAN has chosen “Smart Grids for Flexibility” as the theme of the 2018 Award of Excellence, because of the critical importance of sustaining a flexible grid and the role that smart grids can play to help facilitate and improve grid flexibility. Consumers are becoming increasingly dependent upon a constant supply of electricity, and thus less forgiving of interruptions. The increase in variability calls for greater power system flexibility in which electricity production or consumption is modified to respond to both expected and unexpected fluctuations in supply and demand.
The ISGAN Award of Excellence in Smart Grids for Flexibility will advance smart grids by improving the flexibility of the grid by balancing supply and demand simultaneously, thereby reducing customer losses from power disruptions.
- Eligible projects include pilot, demonstration, and deployment projects
- Please see the Official Rules of the ISGAN Award of Excellence and detailed Submission Forms for more information
- The jury will select winning projects based on four key criteria:
- Potential impact
- Economic rationale
- Potential for replication or adaptation
- Other benefits
- Winners will be announced during a ceremony at the ninth Clean Energy Ministerial (CEM9) and Mission Innovation (MI) meeting in May 2018.
- Winners will be invited to participate in that ceremony and be recognised in ISGAN products and procedings over the following months.
More details about the competition here
Subscribe to DERlab Newsletter