ERIGrid project partners ICCS-NTUA and HEDNO join forces with RTDS Technologies to organise a Summer School “Advanced operation and control of active distribution networks” in Athens (GR) on 10-14 June 2019.
Distribution networks have a key role in the transformation of the energy system, characterised by the massive integration of distributed generation, storage and electric vehicles, adoption of ICT solutions and consumer engagement. The ERIGrid Summer School aims to address this topic, highlighting the role of Hardware in the Loop (HIL) simulation as an efficient tool for developing and testing smart control strategies. The programme includes lectures on key aspects of modern distribution networks and smart grids, such as:
- Advanced inverter functions to provide ancillary services
- Optimal operation and control of distribution networks
- Machine learning applications in smart grids
- Energy markets and demand response
- Grid integration of Electric Vehicles
- Adaptive protection of distribution networks
- Service restoration of distribution networks
- Power system resilience
The participants will have a unique chance to attend the following sessions of the Summer School:
- Advanced Controller HIL (CHIL) and Power HIL (PHIL) experiments during dedicated laboratory sessions
- A visit to the Meltemi smart grid pilot site (awarded by the Smart Grids European Technology Platform) at a seaside location a few kilometers from Athens
- An industry session with the Greek distribution network operator HEDNO, including discussions with industry experts and visits to real installations
The detailed agenda is available here.
You can register here until 20 May 2019.
The Summer School targets PhD students, young researchers and professionals.
Participation in the Summer School is free of charge, however a limited number of seats is available. A certificate of attendance will be given, provided that the participant attends all sessions. The participants are encouraged to bring poster presentations of their current and future work that will be displayed at the venue.
For more information about the Summer School contact: Dr. Panos Kotsampopoulos, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Summer School Location
From Monday to Thursday (10-13 June), the Summer School will take place at the (central) Library Building in the Zografou Campus of the National Technical University of Athens (NTUA), 9 Heroon Polytechniou str., Zografou, Athens (map link).
The laboratory sessions will take place at the School of Electrical and Computer Engineering (old building) of NTUA (map link).
Information on the visits to HEDNO installations on Friday, 14 June will be provided during the Summer School.